Restorative Practices 101 + 102 Training
This popular course is a condensed version of our 101 and 201 material. The Restorative Practices 101 + 201 course provides an overview of some of the most important topics in our Restorative Practices 101 and Restorative Practices 201 courses. In this day-long training, participants will build their understanding of Restorative Practices as a philosophy and way of interacting in the workplace. We will discuss the ways in which our own biases impact our perception of conflict and why restorative practices are integral to transforming conflict. Participants will also learn about circles, an important part of Restorative Practices used to build relationships, prevent conflict, and heal harm when it occurs. People who participate in the Restorative Practice 101 + 201 course will walk away with a deeper understanding of what RP is and skills to apply to prevent conflict by building strong relationships first.
101 – An Intro to Restorative Practices in Schools
An introductory training designed to provide a baseline understanding of the pillars of RP, fundamental practitioner skills and insight on why it is needed to help transform school and community culture.
You will leave this training confident in the following areas:
- History, values, theory and applications of Restorative Practices.
- The 5Rs that make up the foundation of restorative culture.
- Strategies to create buy-in for implementing Restorative Practices within your school
- The Restorative Practices Continuum (i.e. affective statements vs. formal conferences)
- Understanding the appropriate restorative strategy to use in different situations.
201 – Implementing Restorative Circles in Your School
With an emphasis on prevention and the development of RP language, we’ll learn to use restorative practices skills to develop collaborative norms, learn how and why to run proactive circles, how to use affective statements & reframing and how to address conflict in the moment. By implementing restorative practices in the everyday culture of a school, conversation and problem solving become the norm and preventative in nature.
You will leave this training knowledgeable of the following areas:
- Facilitating proactive circles
- Creating group agreements and setting norms within circles
- Building skills and competencies for restorative language
- Creating affective statements and questions
- Reframing inflammatory statements
- Implementing strategies to general awareness and empathy of students.
We don’t want finances to be a barrier for taking our courses. There is an option to set up a payment plan at checkout.
A full refund can be issued up to two weeks before the training starts and 50% after that.
If you have additional questions about payment, please call 303.865.5624.