Disruption of School-to-Prison Pipeline
The school-to-prison pipeline is a metaphor used to describe the increasing patterns of contact that students have with the juvenile and adult criminal justice systems as a result of the traditional punitive practices implemented by educational institutions.
Restorative Practices reduce the disproportionality high disciplinary referrals, suspensions and expulsions of children of color and; therefore, reduce the odds that students will subsequently become involved in the juvenile justice system.
Sample RP Process with Schools
- Initial Connection and Planning
- In-Person Facilitated Assessment
- Prioritization and Planning
- Facilitation of Tailored Training Workshops and Coaching
- Feedback From RP Team Every Few Months
- On-Going Evaluation for All Staff